Wednesday, November 3, 2010

sweet november.


As November sweeps into my life with brisk cold weather I'm reminded how much I love fall. The smell of wood burning stoves remind me of Grandma's house on Christmas Eve and the overcast sky hints of a coming snow.

Why is it only in the fall that I want a boy's hand to hold, where mine will fit perfectly, as we walk through scattered, falling leaves. There is something about hoodies, flannels, and down vests that make me want to fall into a boy's arms. Not because I'm a silly girl... they just look so cozy and comforting. Ok, maybe it is because I'm just a silly girl.

Sitting upstairs at Two Story Coffee House I'm gently awakened to the One who is truly pursuing my heart. My Savior romances me with sweet moments, beautiful sunsets, and dazzling stars like no boy ever could.

"The impulse to pursue God originates with God, but the outworking of that impulse is our following hard after Him. All the time we are pursing Him we are already in His hand." -A.W. Tozer.

Excitement is in the air and I have the itch to travel, explore and dream.

Will I stay in Athens, will I go home, will a move across the country, will I end up overseas....? Oh the possibilities are endless.

For right now... on this Wednesday in Athens... I want to Glorify Him. The rest will come.

1 comment:

MK said...

Miriam,

I LOVE this. You just rocked my world girlfriend- because fall makes me feel the exact same way! Thank you for encouraging me without even knowing it :)

xoxo