Monday, December 28, 2009

traditions.

Christmas Eve is spent with my Dad's side of the family! It begins with the Christmas Eve service at church. Silent Night by candle light ends the service... Jesus the light of the world.
Dinner at Grandma's house with a delicious assortment of southern food has been a tradition as long as a can remember.
When I was a little girl Christmas Eve was hands down the best day of the entire year. It's a time to be with all my family and cousins. Presents, candy, games, and the anticipation of Christmas morning!
As we get older there is less excitement over gifts, but laughter and Christmas joy still fills the air!
Christmas morning hasn't changed much... we still sit around the living room with assigned seats, covered with gifts! This year we spent the entire day at the house! :) Glorious!

We played music:
We rode the bicycle built for two:
We stayed warm:
We jumped:
I heart Christmas and my family. Thank-you God for the gift of Your Son!

1 comment:

MK said...

Miriam. I am so happy to hear about your very merry christmas! This post was precious.

Love you!