Saturday, May 8, 2010

Joshie

Last Friday my sweet friend Josh died in a climbing accident. He was in a beautiful place doing something he absolutely loved! He was one of the best climbers I know. Probably the most encouraging and sweetest guys I've ever met... ever. I can't remember seeing him without a smile on his face... except if he was concentrating really hard on some ridiculous 5.12 route. His love for the Savior was so evident by the way he loved people. Every time I was with him he made me feel like I was the most important person in the world.

I miss him ... I didn't know my heart could feel like this.

The day it happened we were supposed to be together, climbing with a big group of friends. Because of bad weather he changed the plans and decided to climb hard stuff on Friday, instead of Saturday... so I went on a trip with some other friends to climb at SandRock. It was an absolutely beautiful day! He was supposed to teach me to lead climb on Monday, but left his gear at home. So I learned on Friday @ SandRock! I lead a 5.8+ and I couldn't wait to tell him!! He'd have said, "What? Miriam that's awesome!!" With a huge smile.

I ran into him at the Good Friday service at Passion City Church, last month, and he stretched his arms out to give me a big hug!! He introduced me to the people he was with, "This is Miriam! She rock climbs, so she's awesome!!" :) The next day I got to take 3 of my brothers to his family's gym in PTC to climb for the afternoon! It was so much fun!! He told me what routes to climb and re-taught me how to use an ATC. I remember he was playing David Crowder and dancing around to it!! If there was one word to describe Josh it'd be JOY.

I only knew Josh 4 months, but knowing him has changed me forever. He was like a brother to me and it seems like I've known him my whole life. This is "All for HIS Glory" and I know that big things are going to come from this. He's with Jesus and probably getting to climb something sweet. He loved to climb outside, "God makes the best routes!"

"Josh, You'll always have a piece of my heart... but it's not goodbye, just see ya later! Can't wait to worship our Father with you!"



2 comments:

Kallie said...

Oh Miriam -- sorry to hear about your friend. However, I'll bet he is loving being the presence of the Lord right now :) Hope your semester ended up wonderful!!!

MK said...

Sweet Miriam. I LOVE you so so much....